The activities in the field of urban systems concern large scale integration of energy systems using networks (heating, cooling, hydrogen, water, CO2,…), considering simultaneously the available (renewable) energy resources, the industrial processes and the buildings requirements. The system boundary extension to tackle a geographical area is a natural evolution of the process system design application. The design of industrial ecology concepts in urban areas is studied by applying process system engineering techniques.
– Process integration, industrial ecology
– Geographical Information systems (GIS)
– Energy conversion systems integration
– Exergy analysis
– Multi-objective thermo-economic optimization
– District heating systems
– Renewable energy integration